Monday 28 April 2008

::Mirror Image - SL Portraiture::

Yes, Second Life Portraiture.

My passion is to draw. It's something I know that I am good at doing and something which I have no idea what life would be like without it. So, one day whilst I was creating a gift portrait of a very good friend of mine on Second Life, Electric Ibanez, I thought that if he likes it then maybe I should try and broaden the idea of digital painting in the meta verse of SL.

Sure enough, when I gave it to him in-game, he loved it totally :). And he even bought some of his friends around to see it; After he had hung it up on the wall of his shop, hehe. Everyone really liked it which I was chuffed to bit's about. Nothing like having your work appreciated!. It was then I decided to go ahead with the idea of SL Portraiture. I posted ad's in the Classified section of Second Life, and also some boards and posters in my Phoenix Rising Designs stalls (Click here for products!). Plus, I posted the 'Electric Ibanez' drawing on Flickr too, which is where I got a lot of positive responses.

If you want to see my Flickr photo stream, here's the link!.
Wynter's Flickr Album

I had already got a few requests and commission's from people after Electric's portrait had captured attention in world, and my ad's and posters had caught peoples eyes. But guess who would want a portrait but Torley Linden :D. He is an amazing friendly guy who works for Linden Labs and creates awesome video tutorial's to aid those of us in SL who can get a little lost or need helpful hints!. You can see them here; Torleys Vid Tuts.
I was honored to be able to do his Avatars Portrait and surely enough he adored the finished product!. He wrote a wonderful blog about the painting and surely aided me in getting so many requests afterwards!. Read the Blog here!. So, thanks Torley! You are a star! :).

I create the Portraits from reference with a snapshot of the persons Avatar in Art Rage 2. Then take it into good ol' Photoshop for the strenuous but fun task of colouring. Depending on what the customer wants, it can take only a few hours to do a portrait or up to a few days. Usually, with a detailed background it can take the longest. But I ALWAYS enjoy every one I do :).

Here are a few examples of the Portraits I do, PLUS the one which started it all taking the top spot...'Electric Ibanez':



Depending on what/who's in the picture also depends on the price (in Lindens), so if anyone would like a portrait done, IM me in-world; Wynter Bracken, and I will gladly give you a notecard with the prices and more infomation :).

Oh yes! Before I log out of here, I wonder now that I have been on World Of Warcraft for over a month, is it time for me to invest in Character portraits in that metaverse too!? ;). Who knows?.....

~ EB aka Wynter Bracken.

No comments: